Sunday, October 31, 2010

Losing Chocolate and Goldfish

Alright, enough is enough. Seriously. I am tired of this rut I am in. I am not counting my calories, I am not working out, I am not losing weight (but on the plus side I am not gaining it either). There always seems to be an excuse for not going to the gym, not counting my calories, not caring, and quite frankly it is getting old. I am tired all the time, I am disappointed in myself, I am disappointed in the scale, and I no longer feel good about how I look (even though I haven't gained weight I just feel more bloated).

I need to get back on track and I don't want to wait until after the holidays. So my plan of action is to give up chocolate and delicious Goldfish crackers for the month of November. Why these two completely unrelated items you ask? Good question.

Chocolate - I am not usually a chocolate person, in fact chocolate used to be safe in my house. Halloween candy could be found up until Easter. Lately though it hasn't had such luck! When I was pregnant with James I craved chocolate and so we bought it. I wasn't bad about it, a couple M&Ms here and there was really all I needed. However, in the past 4 months where I have NOT been pregnant I have learned a valuable lesson - sweet begets sweet. The more I ate, the more I wanted, it was, nay is, a vicious cycle. So with an overabundance of Halloween candy and a half gallon of chocolate ice cream in the freezer, I am saying enough is enough! I don't like chocolate, I would rather have something else, so something else will have to do. For the month of November I will NOT eat chocolate. Does this mean I will not eat sweets? No, just not chocolate. I will still be able to eat pie on Thanksgiving, I will still be able to satisfy my sweet tooth (Amelia got quite a few tiny bags of Skittles!), I will just be abstaining from chocolate this month.

Goldfish - This favorite toddler snack is my kryptonite. It is seriously a problem. Amelia loves them, so I feel like I should have them around. But if I have them around I eat them, and not like one or two. Oh no, not this girl. I devour them. It is terrible. So no more. I am giving them up. Again, not all snacks, just goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment