Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Challenge

And it really has been a challenge.

Let me first explain. I created a challenge for the month of February, a fitness challenge. I was really very excited about it, running, weights, yoga; a different challenge every day (except for two rest days). I started out running a mile, a task that is repeated each week. My first time was 9 minutes and 5 seconds. A sprained ankle made the first half of the month difficult for the running days. But I persevered, figuring if others were doing my challenge than I should too.

But as the month has worn on, most of the people doing my challenge with me have fallen off. It was nice having people doing it, it spurned me on. Days when maybe I was a little tired, or had put it off too late, I would still do it, knowing that somewhere out there someone else was doing it to. But as followers have stopped doing the daily challenges I find it too easy to not do them myself.

And of course, I wish I had the will power to just do it myself but I am weak. The husband helps keep me on task though and that is good.

On a higher note, the pushups are doing great! We did repeat week 3, due partly to the norovirus and also just to help make the whole thing a bit easier. Friday I did 122 pushups, not too shabby. Half way through, although I have a feeling that more weeks will have to be repeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment