Friday, February 3, 2012

Back to Work?

The question "Will you go back to work when your kids are in school?" is thrown at me so often, I have no choice but to think about my future. And it really is never very pleasant. "Back to work" is such a hard concept for me. After college I worked retail, and while I did enjoy the interaction with people, I could never go back to retail hours. After retail I did data entry. Sure I sexied it up and told people I worked for a litigation support company building databases, but the brass tacks are that I did data entry. So no, I will not be going back to that. Although I did enjoy the project management side of my job, but I think I get enough of that at home.

So what will I do when my kids are in school? It is not as if there will be a lot of time, school goes from like 8 or 9 to 2:30. That doesn't really free me up for a 9-5 gig. And I wouldn't want that anyway. Well my mom planted the seed in my head that I should be a personal trainer. I am still not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not, since personal trainers are paid to beat people up and my mom thinks I would be good at it.

But it got me thinking. I would REALLY like that. I love fitness. I know I may not look like it, but I am working on it. And I work on it a lot (on a good week!) I watch people at the gym to give me ideas of exercises, I read magazines to find new workouts, I watch videos on the internet to find the right form. The whole fitness world is just so cool to me. Training someone to reach their goals, watching and helping them get stronger, and not to mention being the boss, sounds like an awful lot of fun to me!

I got the opportunity to work out with a friend the other day and it cemented the idea in my head. That is what I want to do. Although I want to work on my own terms, not for a gym. I want to be affordable to people who can't afford the $70+ an hour that you get charged in a gym. I want to have a car filled with kettlebells and Bosu balls and all sorts of torturous gym equipment, so I can train anyone, anywhere. Yeah, maybe I will go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment