Friday, August 20, 2010

Losing Ignorance

I always enjoy learning new things, especially when they are truly weird. I recently learned about stone babies, an absolutely fascinating condition where a baby is conceived and developed outside the uterus, then when said baby dies it is calcified by the body to prevent the dead cells from infecting the healthy parent. Super cool right??? Tonight I learned about double uterus, or Uterus Didelphys, a super neat condition where two uteruses form during the embryonic period and even sometimes two vaginas. What what what? So naturally I had to go out and learn all I could about this condition which apparently sucks if it is you who has it but is just nifty to people like me - especially when I learn that each uterus can have a baby conceived at different times. The human body just completely amazes me with what it can do!

And it amazes me what you can learn with the power of the internet. I mean, anything you can think of you can learn about at the touch of a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment