Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Losing My Husband

I am extremely lucky to have a husband who works from home and is very flexible and able to help out during the day. However, everything has its price and this is no different. In exchange for being around he travels. He left tonight and won't be back until Friday. Then he leaves again on Wednesday for a wedding in Seattle and won't be back until the following Tuesday. I guess his business trips wouldn't be so bad if they were planned in advance but he tends to take off at a moment's notice. This trip was planned yesterday!

The part that stinks most for me is being left home with Amelia, who is now old enough to ask where Daddy is. She misses him when he is gone but she isn't quite old enough to understand "he will be back Friday." And of course I miss him. As much as he drives me crazy, he keeps me sane. He makes me stay on top of the housework when he is around and helps out a lot. When he leaves I just get so tired by the end of the day and even though I know that cleaning up will only take a little time I put it off. He gives me someone to talk to at the end of the day who isn't 2. And he is even good for a cuddle in the middle of the night.

So Chuck, since you are probably the only one reading this, I love you and we miss you.

1 comment: