Sunday, August 8, 2010

Losing Weekends

Another weekend comes to a close and far too little has been accomplished. It seems like the weekends just get shorter and shorter. It is hard to get up and do anything with two little ones, James in particular. And being sleep deprived doesn't help anything. By the time we can get motivated it is usually 10, which I know is early for our non parent friends but it is pretty late for us. We did get a lot done this weekend, we went to the zoo, stopped in Arlington to pick up some shelving, Chuck organized the basement, grocery shopping, some cleaning. But I used to get so much more accomplished when I was still pregnant with James. Now, between feeding James, burping him, changing diapers (on both), spending time with Amelia, feeding Amelia, I run out of time to do anything else!

But I did manage to vacuum today, go grocery shopping, empty the dishwasher, clean off the island, write down my meat order, one load of laundry, make a delicious dinner, and put both the kids to bed. All while intermittently feeding James. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment