Monday, July 19, 2010

Losing Pressure

The one nice thing about these stupidly hot summer days is that when it rains, it pours - quite literally! I love thunderstorms, the drop in pressure, the ominous skies, the lightning, the pouring rain. I love how the air gets cool and crisp, how you can smell it. I love how afterwards everything just seems better.

We had a whopper of a storm pass through here tonight and it has really cooled off the night. We narrowly missed the massive center of the storm which was complete with hail and tornado warnings. However the storm came with more lightning than I have ever seen. It was truly magnificent.

The storm will unfortunately do nothing to cool us off this week but it is supposed to drop the humidity some. And hey, I think I will need a blanket tonight in bed and there is nothing like snuggling up in a blanket after a thunderstorm!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment