Friday, July 16, 2010

Losing Sleep

I am very lucky and I realize this. James usually gives me at least a four hour stretch at night. What drives me crazy is when I tell people this they seem to think I have no reason to be tired. They tell me how good I have it, they tell me horror stories of how so and so's baby only sleeps one and a half hours before needing to be fed again. I want to ring their necks. Just because my baby can sleep for four hours, doesn't mean I am not tired. ONE four hour stretch, they never inquire about the rest of the night. I got six hours out of him the other night but then I was up every hour with him. And typically it is a long stretch followed by a short one.

And by the way, you try getting sleep in four hour bursts and tell me how you feel! I go to bed at 11 or 11:30 and am up by 6 feeding James then Amelia wakes up while I am feeding him and it's go go go from then on. Very rarely will they both sleep at the same time and even if they did it is the only time to get house work done. Also, it is the only time that I have to myself everyday. So I don't nap.

So yes, I understand that I am lucky that my baby is a good sleeper. But yes, I am still tired thank you very much! And thank you for thinking that I care about your niece's best friend's baby but I really really don't. So unless you have a cute story to share that will make me smile, it is probably best to keep it to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment