Sunday, July 18, 2010

Losing Sobriety

Being pregnant is fantastic for your tolerance, especially if you enjoy feeling the effects of one drink. But it is fantastic to be back on the wagon, or off the wagon, I am not sure which way is which. My first margarita was absolutely to die for, I miss them the most when pregnant. More recently I just went to the wine tasting at my favorite wine and beer store with one of my favorite people. They had the best wines I could ask for for my first time back in ages. Also I was given a bottle of sparkling sauvignon blanc, which turned out to be quite delightful indeed!

Everybody was super happy to meet my little dude. It is so nice to go back after a long time and have such a warm reception. I had no idea of the wines they were tasting but right off the bat I was given a delightful white from a favorite winery. The glass I had had a small chip and I made sure to drink out of the opposite side. The tasting hostess (a delightful woman) noticed this and told me to give her the glass when I was done. The next wine was a surprising reisling like nothing I had ever tried. It was a strange tasting because there were three whites and two reds and usually it is reverse. The third white was also good (all the wines they taste are usually very good.) And then the reds!

Both reds were from my favorite winery. And this is where the story gets good. We had the first, a good red. When it came time to get the next glass the hostess asked me if I was on the first red to which I could only reply, with the silliest face I could muster, "Yes, yes I am." Well I didn't think I was very convincing but I was given the first red again, as was my very good friend. The gig was up though and we got the second red, a malbec which was better then the first in my opinion. I finished my wine and went to give my glass to the hostess. She asked if I was done and I posed the question right back to her. Well I was treated to another taste of the delicious malbec!

It was a fantastic time and I came home not only with my gratis bottle of sparkling but also two bottles of the malbec and two bottles of a vinho verde which is so nice in the summer - light and crisp and almost effervescent. Anyway, I am very happy to be once again able to enjoy an alcoholic beverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment